Entergy New Orleans, Inc. and the United Way of Southeast Louisiana are helping residents who qualify for the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) receive average refunds of $2,500 or more through Super Tax Day events at local Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites.
Beginning January 30, and continuing throughout tax season, volunteers certified by the Internal Revenue Service will determine if residents qualify for EITC and provide free tax preparation at local VITA sites. The program benefits families or individuals earning $52,400 or less in 2014.
Currently scheduled New Orleans Super Tax Days include:
- Friday, January 30: Xavier University – 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 30: Dillard University Resource Center – 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 30: Dillard University Resource Center – 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 31: Dillard University Resource Center – 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 31: Total Community Action Agency – 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 7: Delgado Community College – 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Nearly 60,000 New Orleanians qualify for EITC, and each year as many as 12,000 don’t claim credits valued to be as high as $32.5 million. Based on income and the number of children in the household, qualifying families can receive as much as $6,000.
For more information on free tax help, visit www.unitedwaysela.org or call 211.
Megan J. Langhoff
Communications Director/Community Liaison
Councilmember Susan G. Guidry, District A
Please be advised that communications to and from this e-mail address are subject to provisions of the State of Louisiana Public Records Act. This email and any files transmitted herewith are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message.